Time for us to lift the lid on what the 8 Ball Pool team are working on this month, and give you some insight into what’s coming next to the game.
All In Mode
We’ve got an update coming to 8 Ball Pool on mobile in the next few weeks – and the big new feature is the Monaco All In Lounge. This means that you’ll be able to stake all your Pool Coins on one match of 8 Ball. It’s a mode for the most confident of players, or those that like taking risks! The All In Lounge unlocks at level 10 and above.
Some important things you need to know about going All In:
- In order to win a Monaco Lounge match-up, a player needs to win two games in a row against their opponent. With so much at stake, we know that there’s always an outside chance that your opponent might make a good break and then clear the table without you taking a shot. So even if that happens in the first game, you’ll get a break-off shot of your own to stay in the game.
- The prize for All In will be based on an equal amount of coins from both players, like going “all in” in a game of poker. If, for example, Player A has 100,000 coins and Player B only has 10,000, then Player B’s coin total will be used for the match (10,000 coins from Player A + 10,000 coins from Player B = 20,000 coins total prize).
- There are no guidelines in the Monaco Lounge.
- The minimum stake is 1,000 coins.
- This sounds obvious, but we wanted to make it super-clear: if you go all in and lose, those coins are gone! There’s no way to choose who you’re going up against when you play All In mode, so it’s best to assume that you will be staking every last Pool Coin on the match. Good luck!
Monaco All In Lounge will be a special tier on mobile that you choose from the main menu. Make sure you’re ready to play before you pick it!
Beat The Boss
Our Beat the Boss event sees Miniclip chief Big Rob taking on you, the players, in a series of special 8 Ball events. We’ve seen some awesome skill on display (mainly from you guys rather than Big Rob, admittedly). We put together a short highlights video of a Beat The Boss event from a few weeks ago.
Want to know how to get involved? We’ve put together a blog post of Frequently Asked Questions – check it out. We’ve recently made this shiny scoreboard too – who’s gonna get their name on there next week, and will it have the “Boss Beater” mark next to it?
Limited Edition cues
You may have noticed that there have been some exclusive Limited Edition cues hitting the Pool Shop recently, including the Chinese New Year cue and our most recent addition, the lovely Valentine’s cue (nothing says “I love you” like thrashing someone at 8 Ball). You’ve still got a few more days to pick up the Valentine’s one, but then it’s gone for good!
However, we’re already working on another very special cue that’ll be coming your way in March… make sure you follow @poolbyminiclip on Twitter for a sneak peek in the next few weeks.
What kind of cue would you like to see in the game? Tell us below and we’ll try and make it happen!
Click To Claim Reward – disabled
Some of you may have noticed that the “Click to Claim Reward” links on Facebook have recently been disabled. We discovered a small bug with these links recently which we’re now working to fix. In the meantime, they’ve been disabled while we work on it.
One of the most frequent questions we get asked is: when will the higher-tier tournaments open again?
Well, the answer is: very soon! The next version of 8 Ball on mobile will have a new 1 v 1 tier (Cairo) with a whopping 500k prize, plus access to the Tokyo Tournament - with a 60k prize up for grabs.
Trickshot Masterclass #3
We were blown away by the response to our last trickshot video, made up of brilliant shots sent in by you, the players. We had so many new shots sent to us that we had to make an extended video – and we’ve already had plenty more breathtaking shots emailed to us since we published this new collection.
If you’ve got a shot to show us, just email it over to social at miniclip dot com, and maybe you’ll be appearing in the next video. In the meantime, sit back, relax, and enjoy this supreme display of 8 Ball awesomeness.
That’s all for this month 8 Ballers – enjoy the game!